Re: USDA vs. Sunset zones

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: USDA vs. Sunset zones
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 20:10:54 -0700 (MST)

Dear Graham,

     You inquire (11 Feb 97):
> I meant to ask this question when the original posting went out about the
> USDA zone internet information page. Does it cover US only?

There is an Internet site (address euzones.html) that I originally accessed
through the search engine available on the Missouri Botanic Garden homepage
that displays a map of Europe with USDA hardiness Zones on it. You may not
agree with the classification, however, as it shows your location solidly
in Zone 8, and the only area of Britain classified Zone 7 is the central
Highlands (full of maniac gardeners running amok among the glens, braes,
lochs, and whisky distilleries).

Jeff Walters in northern Utah (Zone 4)
"This is the Place" - lovely day for cycling, sunny with Temp in high 20's