Re: voles

Nicki Shay wrote:

> Ginny:  Don't you mean "MOLES?"  I am confused with VOLES!  Did I miss
> something????????
>
> Nicki - Washington State

Nicki,

Random house describes "voles" as mouse-like rodents of the genus
Microtus and releated genera, having short limbs and a short tail.
"Moles" are small insectivorous mammals of the family Talpidae, living
chiefly underground and having velvetly fur, very small eyes and strong,
fossorial forefeet.

We do not have voles here in CA, but do have plenty of gophers and some
moles!

Rick Tasco
Central California
Zone 8