Re: Dark Horse

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Dark Horse
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 20:54:46 -0700 (MST)

Z88KEYS@aol.com wrote:

> Gerry:  Thank you so much for your writing.  I am pleased to learn what you
> mean.  MESMERIZER has been the cornerstone of my recent breeding. I like it a
> lot, but find it short on increase here....

It was not a great grower for Moonshine, either, but I have given
a _lot_ of it away (>$100 in auctions and raffles in my main local
society, plus a few to individuals), and I expect to be able to
give 20 rhizomes to our Region 15 trek plus several stalks for
table centerpieces.

I like the fact that it reblooms in CA; it does not do so here.

In addition to late summer or autumn rebloom, it has the habit
of throwing up secondary stalks a month and a half before the
main bloomstalk. I counted at least 19 blooms from one fan.
And something like 90% of the blooms have flounces.

Gerry
--
gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles