Re: Genetics, feed back, genetic data bases

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Genetics, feed back, genetic data bases
  • From: "Keith Romanczyk" <fdic@moran.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 05:13:13 -0700 (MST)

> Was it Sharon who mentioned a pedigree data base and a way to do
> on computer? I have longed for such a program. I have tried to use human
> geneology programs from this and have run into a curious problem: An
> name has to be male or female. Easy enough until you enter the same name
> the reverse gender!

An astonishing program for orchid pedigrees is available. I have tried to
stump the program but it always provides a pedigree tree and a % pie-chart
for even the most obscure hybrid; a testament to the 7 years of work put
into it.

 No doubt it would be simple enough to wipe the data and use the 'engine'.
The problem is the days, weeks, and months of Iris data input.  Someone
with loads of time on their hands might consider it.

Don't volunteer all at once, now.