Re: Genetics, feed back, genetic data bases

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Genetics, feed back, genetic data bases
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 06:20:15 -0700 (MST)

> I have been pondering how much importance a hybridizer should place on feed
> back regarding his introductions once they get out of the hybridizer's patch.
> As we have seen by the widely differing views of Supreme Sultan and the ones
> which have been mentioned as bloomouts in some areas, one gardener's disaster
> is anothers delight.
	I would certainly like feedback if any of you are unlucky enough
to grow Moores varieties.  I discovered a lot of my things that prospered
in Texas when I lived and hybridized there only sulked when I moved to MS.
Also, some varieties that loved East MS are not particularly happy in
North MS where I have the very fertile loess soil as opposed to the gumbo
clay in East MS.

	Lay it on me!

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS