Re: Is there an Iris Heaven

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Is there an Iris Heaven
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:23:41 -0700 (MST)

> Dust:  here in Santa Fe in the relatively foothills, we get from 8 to 11
> inches of moisture a year; Albuquerque gets more like 6 to 8.
>
> Barb Mann in Santa Fe, where water, or the lack of it, is coming to rule
> everyone's outlook on life.

	We are supposed to average 17" of rainfall here in Lubbock but I don't
remember the last year that really happened.  I can not imagine growing
iris on 8.  Which types of iris do best for you?  How is your ground
water?
	It has been snowing all day here, quite a novelty, but we have at best
2" on the yards.  It just doesn't seem to stick.  Oh well, water is
water.

--
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
17.76"