Re: Safety in the garden--Cats

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Safety in the garden--Cats
  • From: CEMahan@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:30:35 -0700 (MST)

<< I personally believe in keeping the beloved
 cat locked in the house. But there's no denying a feline hunter is nature's
 safest, cleanest rodenticide, >>

Tell that to my huge gray gangster cat Yo, the most famous iris and garden
poet in Virginia, and who is a published author!  Keep him inside! He would
tear the house down.  And he and his predecessors, Alex, Ching, and Magic
have laid many a vole on my deck as a special gift.  One time, Alex had 5
lined up. Yo usually does them one at a time.

Needless to say, voles are not a problem in my garden. Even the birds, except
the noisy crows and blue jays, have come to accept my cat's place in the
garden.  I like birds, too, and Yo normally ignores them. It's all in the
training. :) :) :) When I am in the garden working, Yo follows me everywhere
and loves the garden as much as I do.  Deny him the garden. Never!  We are a
team. Clarence Mahan in VA