Re: New subscriber

lothario wrote:

> Hello, my name is Bob Sawyer and I am a new subscriber, in fact I an new to
> the net. I am an IRIS lover and have been raising them for a number of
> years. I live on the coast of Maine, actually on an island (reachable by
> road), and raise as many different kinds of irises as I can. I have
> observed two days of conversation and have already learned several things
> and expect to learn much much more. I am interisted in leaf spot, Lord
> knows I battle it all the time, exept during winter. We are having a real
> rough witer here. Very little snow and lots of ice with temps that go to
> minus 20.degrees F.  I am afraid my bloom count will be low this coming
> summer. Last year we had over 100 inches of snow and we had a banner year.
>
> Well anyway I am here and am looking forward to an experience of enjoyment
> and learning, and hopefully making some friends along the way
>
> Bob Sawyer
> Harpswell ME
>  AIS region 1r.
> lothario@ime.net

Bob,

Welcome to the iris-l.  It would be interesting to hear what kind of
iris you grow in your climate?  Particularily the beardeds.

Rick Tasco
Central California...where we are now in a drought.  After 6 weeks and
28 inchs of rain.  Daffodils blooming everywhere!  This I can claim as
bulb heaven.
Zone 8