Re: Is there an Iris Heaven?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Is there an Iris Heaven?
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:37:57 -0700 (MST)

Hi Barb:
     You write (12 Feb 97):

> Dust:  here in Santa Fe in the relatively foothills, we get from 8 to 11
> inches of moisture a year; Albuquerque gets more like 6 to 8.
>
> Barb Mann in Santa Fe, where water, or the lack of it, is coming to rule
> everyone's outlook on life.

Reporting from another part of the arid West:

 The TV weatherman reported last night that there is 62" of water on the
slopes of Ben Lomond (it received 128" of snow in January alone). We have
had a fabulous amount of precipitation this winter, so we will either be
well provided for this summer or get washed away in the spring if it all
melts too fast!

Jeff Walters in northern Utah (Zone 4)
cwalters@cache.net
"This is the Place" - where it is snowing hard at the moment, temp 30F

tah Pioneer Sesquicentennial:  1847-1997