Re: IMMORTALITY

>When IMMORTALITY rots in a garden, there is something
>seriously wrong.  IMMORTALITY increases quickly, but is sometimes slow to
>bloom after transplanting. Once it starts, however, it goes on, and on, and
>on.  IMMORTALITY is not at all prone to rot. Au contraire, it is one of the
>least rot prone irises one can grow.  I would urge you get some analytical
>tests done to find out why this is happening.  There is something seriously
>wrong.  Clarence Mahan

I agree about slow start and profuse bloom.  But I had a beautiful display of
bloom in my old established rot infested bed last spring when the rest of the
country was cancelling iris shows for lack of bloom, so it must not be
entirely 'wrong'.  I thought we had some others on the list admit to some rot
with IMMORTALITY - Lloyd, didn't you say you had heard other reports of rot?

Oh, that's terrible, asking the iris parents to say bad things about their
babies.  Never mind!

Rot queen by choice - I don't solarize, pick dead leaves, or spray.