Re: Alfalfa Tea

> I don't have a specific recipe for alfalfa tea other than fill a barrel
> (or trash can) one third to one half full with alfalfa, fill the rest of
> the way with water and let sit for a day or so. Anybody else???

That is how I'd do it too. But I have always been puzzled about these
suggestions; "use alfalfa tea, use manure tea" etc... Why would this be
superior to just incorporating alfalfa into the soil, or onto the soil?
It seems to me, that especially with a plant like an iris, that slow
acting supplements may be equally or more beneficial.  Plus, with run-off
and all, how do you know that the tea will end up just where it was
intended? I can imagine that with houseplants, or exhibit flowers it may
be a different matter. Judy Sylvester zone 5