Re: ROT -- more questions

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: ROT -- more questions
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <KOEKKOEK@dordt.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:02:14 -0700 (MST)

Sharon wondered about the spreading character of rot in TB clumps.  I
wouldn't be surprised if you get as many different answers on this as
there have been every other question raised on this list.  That, of
course, is part of the fun, to hear how things vary from place to
place.  Anyway, my experience has been that GENERALLY if I don't get
at it and cut out the bad part and treat them with a good shot of
bleach solution, I will in time lose the whole things.  I can recall
an exception or 2, but they are rare for me.  The exceptions have
been when the rot occurs in the hotter, drier parts of the season,
when sometimes things seem to cure themselves.  Otherwise, surgery is
required for salvation.

Arnold Koekkoek
NW Iowa  Zone 4

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250