Alfalfa Tea

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Alfalfa Tea
  • From: Cynthia Bishop <bishop@cot.net>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:17:44 -0700 (MST)

Here is a recipe for alfalfa tea...12 cups of alfalfa pellets and 32 gallons
of water. Let steep for 4 days, stirring at least once a day. After 4 days
if you don't use it all up be sure to keep a tight lid on the trash can. It
will smell. IF, you want to, you can add a cup of 20-20-20 fertilizer. In my
iris border I put pellets on one half of the border and had huge growth,
both of flowers and foliage. I did keep the pellets off the rhizomes, I used
a whisk broom to sweep the rhizome. I realize when you have acres of iris
this is not feasible and it is best to work in the soil before planting
rhizomes in the area. Cyn
Cynthia M. Bishop
Golden Hills Nursery
P.O. Box 247
Macdoel, CA. 96058
Begonias, Ferns, Perennials
(916) 398-4203 Fax(916) 398-4206
The love of gardening, a seed once planted, never dies.