iris borers

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: iris borers
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 14:54:44 -0700 (MST)

     Rick Tasco wrote that the West Coast Irises did well for him when he
lived in Virginia, but that he had borer problems.  Kentucky is Iris Borer
Heaven.  I have seen the Borer attack any kind of Iris I grow, but they
prefer the Tall Bearded Types.  The Iris Borer does not appear to pick and
choose only Irises that originated in one part of the country.
     I would like to here more on less toxic measures to control the Iris
borer.  Cygon and Lindane are the only two things I know of that will kill
the Borer, but if there is a less toxic chemical, I would like to know of
it.  Like Graham in England, I have concerns over the safety of that stuff.

Mark A. Cook
macook@iglou.com

Lexington, KY.   Where it is 33 degrees and raining.