Kentucky rot vs Tennessee rot

I have a climate zone map in front of me which shows nearly all of Tennessee
in the same zone as Kentucky and Virginia, plus most of Arkansas and
Oklahoma, and north Texas (zone 6 on this particular map).  East Tennessee
(where I am) has a small peninsula of zone 7, the same as Mississippi,
Alabama, most of Georgia, South Carolina, and the Coastal Plain of (eastern)
North Carolina, northern Louisiana, and mid-Texas.

My climate and soils are more like northern Mississippi than Virginia or
Kentucky.  So I am not surprised that there are differences in how much rot
we get or that varieties grow differently here than in Virginia or Kentucky.
 Which is why I am always asking for input from people who grow in the
southeast as opposed to the east.  We don't hear much from other
southeasterners - Donald Mosser and Claire have sandy soils on the coast.  I
hope we hear more from Lynn Woosley (?) about growing bearded iris in
Georgia.  The only southeasterners with somewhat similar climate on the list
who talk much are me, Walter Moores, and Lloyd Zurbrigg (?).  And
occasionally Julie Allen (slightly more moderate climate?).

So, is there some reason perhaps that there aren't a lot of vocal TB growers
in the southeast?  Dave Niswonger mentioned southern blight - I suspect we
have a lot of extra opportunities for Erwinia (soft rot) as well that cooler
climates don't get.

I think Clarence jerked my chain : )