Chat Tomorrow

I have set up an iris-l chat channel on a PRIVATE network that will not
be so difficult to get onto as Undernet. It works the same way as
Undernet so everything you learned before will still work. We are
Scheduled for every Friday 6:00 pm PST (7:00 MST, 8:00 CST, 9:00 EST,
Mid afternoon Sat for Sonya - I think) We will have this time slot every
Friday unless we decide to change it.

The service is run by Rod Venger in Colorado Springs. He grows Orchids
(about 50,000 a year - small time he says) at no charge to anyone. He
has kindly registered us on his server.

BTW - Thanks to Kay Cangemi for pointing to Rod's service.

Ok there are just 2 teeeny, tiny little things that are different with
this set up.

First: Instead of using a name for the network he uses a number called
an IP address. It looks like:

All you do is put the number in the same place in your program that you
designate the server name e.g.:    instead of   us.undernet.org

It is as simple as that. Just log on the same way you did before.

Second, and slightly bigger problem is that the address number changes
daily. (Come on, no whining, it is free and much faster that undernet,
no net splits, and you will be able to get on when you want to!) It is
because he is on a dial up connection (at his end). So every Fri I will
post a message with the days IP address on it. It is also available from
his webpage at:

I will also be watching my email during any chat in case someone has a

NOW THEN! I need some help. I am sure there are some folks out there on
AOL that don't know how to get to a non-AOL chat room. I need somebody
who DOES KNOW to either post to the list, or contact me directly. Come
on now, raise you hand. Who knows how to do it?