CIS website access problems

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CIS website access problems
  • From: Christopher Hollinshead <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 05:42:15 -0700 (MST)

A few people have written me with a similar problem when accessing the
CIS website. The common problem is this: once they have accessed the
page their web browser "crashes" or "locks up".

I have checked and in each case the user is using an older version of
web browser. The CIS website is optimized to work with Netscape version
3.01 (the latest version) It contains coding that earlier web browsers
cannot decode and they sometimes fail when they attempt to do so. Both
Netscape version 3.01 and Explorer version 3.01 are available free for
the downloading at their respective sites.  I would recommend that if
you are using an older version of either of these that you download the
newer version. This will make your surfing the web much more functional
and enjoyable.
Anyone guess the tune that plays on the CIS website mainpage? :-)
Spring is coming... soon!
Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI