Re: Chat Tomorrow

iris-l@rt66.com wrote:

> Apparently I forgot to mention another teensy-weensy little quirk of Rod's
> service. He has a Java applet on his web page that can connect you straight
> to the chat. It takes a little time to load, but there is no installation,
> and it's incredibly easy to run. We and another Macintosh user have had
> some problems with it, but the Wintel people, who need all the help they
> can get anyway, say it's the greatest. It's probably the easiest AOL
> workaround you'll find.
>
> It lives on the same web page as the server number -
> http://www.vengers.com/page.htm

Thanks Kay, although I would call it a feature <grin>. I didn't mention
it because I tried it on my Mac and it didn't work correctly. Glad to
hear it works on Wintel. So, for AOL users, that may be the best way. If
you are not on AOL, a real IRC client is probably much better because
the Java applet is slow.

The IP address for Friday the 14th is:

207.147.1.191

BE SURE YOU SET YOU PORT NUMBER TO 6667

The channel is      #iris-l      (all lower case)

See you at 6:00, 7:00, 8:00, or 9:00 depending on where you are...

Happy Valentines Chat!

---