Iris beds

  Could any of you give me a guideline as to how to prepare new iris beds?
I have read about the alfalfa pellets in your existing beds with great interest.
But what about new beds?

I will start tilling them up next month and wonder if I should add manure at that time?  I have
access to sheep, cow and horse manure (free for the picking).  Should I not plan on planting
any rhizomes until July and leave the beds fallow till then?

Thanks,  Teresa Cobb

Teresa@RDGROUP.COM
zone 5  ks   We have sunshine finally!