RE: pretty pictures - I. versicolor x ?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: pretty pictures - I. versicolor x ?
  • From: "Leon Adams Jr" <Leon_Adams_Jr@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 17:08:23 -0700 (MST)

In a message dated 97-02-05 13:14:59 EST, Linda asked:

<< Does anybody on the list grow M M?  Are the hybrids as tough as
 versicolor? >>

and Dorothy answered

>I just put MYSTERIOUS MONIQUE in  last spring, and it grew quite vigorously
>this season although it has not flowered yet.  Based on this limited
>experience, it appears as vigorous as my swamp variety versicolor.  Of
>course, we do have a bit of winter to get through yet...

I Also planted MYSTERIOUS MONIQUE this last year only I planted mine in late
fall. Right now there is nothing showing except my stake with the name.
Hopefully it will start growing this spring.

Jefrie Jenkins
Kent, WA
Sunset zone 5, USDA zone 7
AIS region 13