Clarence says it is not rot-prone, IMMORTALITY, that is.  I agree. But I have
had it rot on occasion, -usually where there was an overabundance of
increase.  My friend Dr. Raymond G. Smith of Bloomington, Indiana, had little
success with it, for which I was very disappointed. He gave the entire stock
to his sister-in-law, also in Indiana (Richmond), and she had more bloom that
fall than he had had in the previous six years!  Lois Rose of Virginia,
bought a wee piece at a rhizome sale, and it gave her a good stalk just 6
weeks later!.  So it seems that IMMORTALITY can get into action quickly in
certain gardens. Raymond insists that its root system is exemplary. It seldom
makes really large rhizomes, and seldom makes really show-type stalks. But it
does not go over in storms, a great advantage.  Hope that answers your
questions, Linda.  Lloyd Z  Durham NC