RE: Safety in the garden--Cats

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: Safety in the garden--Cats
  • From: "Robert L. Roberson" <patrob@centex.net>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 21:24:33 -0700 (MST)

>My cats would never have been happy as completly indoor cats. They would
truly have
>missed the wild world out there, and despite losing some of them, (we all die
>at some time) I don't regret the choice made.
I seriously considered building a house on the ranch so the cats could go
outside, but my husband's health did not seem to warrant it.  I have three
who look through the windows and "ask out," but I remind them that being a
greasy spot on the street is not a goal!  They are 7 years, 5 years, and 4
months old and seem to find enjoyment in each day.  I try to provide a
variety of environments -- house and sun porch -- and the kitten (rescued
from starvation after being abandoned on the side of a country road) has
provided reason for frolic and exercise.  I wish they could be free and
healthy and live long, happy lives -- but I'll settle for two out of three!
They are not depressed and eat well, and we give each other love and
attention every day!

I think gardeners are in tune with nature and love all of God's creations.

Patricia Roberson, in Goldthwaite, Texas, where "they" have promised the
high 50's tomorrow and the 60's on Sunday!  My daffodils have started to
bloom and there is hope for SPRING!!!!