Rare Iris Book for Sale

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Rare Iris Book for Sale
  • From: CEMahan@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 22:25:22 -0700 (MST)

A bookseller has offered me a copy of Sir Michael Foster classic work BULBOUS
IRISES (London 1892).  Many of the drawings in this work are by Caperne.
 Condition is stated as some wear and fading; foxing in front and back.
 Provenance: A. W. Tait, who was later Baron de Soutellinbo (bookplate and
signature).  Includes 3 short cuttings, 2 by Foster and one by Dykes, and a
letter from Sir David Prain. Price; $450.00.

I have two copies of this marvelous book, but would buy this one if priced
lower.  If I didn't have my copies, I would buy it at the price.  I thought
someone on the list might like it.  If so, contact me by email and I will
give you bookseller's name, address, and telephone nr.  Clarence Mahan in VA