Re: Iris Beds

Ginny wrote:

:  I'll leave it to the experts to tell you how start a new  iris bed and
:  how long to leave it to let it settle before planting but PLEASE  NO
:  MANURE.  I killed a huge order 2 years ago because of manure.  -This was
:  pre iris-l.  If iris-l had been started before I planted my iris, they
:  would probably still be snuggled happily under their blanket of snow
:  instead of rotting away.

PLEASE NO ABSOLUTES!  It's not that simple.  Whether manure is hazardous or
beneficial depends on the soil, the climate, and how it is applied.

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)