On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Carol Blais wrote:

> We've been asked to host a tour garden in the future
> (2001, I think), and would like to have people's
> reactions to having people tour their gardens.
> We probably have the room for it, although water is a
> consideration (no town-supplied water here, artesian
> only). There would be a portable john, I trust.
> Aside from the physical considerations, we love to have
> people stop and browse, but are concerned about busloads
> of them - have many of you experienced tours, and what
> can you give us for advice?
> If your comments are such that you don't want them
> distributed to the list, please e-mail them privately.
> TIA, Carol Blais - CBLAIS@worldnet.att.net

Carole, Our Hort Soc has garden tours usually once a summer in
July. People come in their individual cars one or two at a time so
it's very easy going and I have time to talk with people about what
they are interested in. No problem with busloads. Maybe you could
suggest people come in vans ie in smaller groups. We are having a
second tour this summer in the first week in June which will be
for irises etc.

Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada