  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: TOUR GARDENS
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 09:23:35 -0700 (MST)

Carol asks people to share their experiences having tours visit their
gardens. I haven't (nor would I ever want to) experience opening my
miserable plots to educated, critical visitors, but I've been on garden
tours I have a safety suggestion.

Many of my fellow tour-goers have been elderly people with balance
problems, canes and bad knees. They need to stop and rest. If you host a
lot of tours, you might consider putting a lawn chair or two out deep in
your garden. It could be done in an attractive way, I think.

I've never expected to be fed or given beverages at tour stops. We usually
schedule a restaurant meal.

storey@aristotle.net  USDA Zone 7b
Little Rock, Arkansas