Re: voles

Yes, I meant voles.  They are vegetarians, the moles are larger as Rick said
and they eat earthworms and grubs.  Lucky for you that you don't have them.
 I wish we didn't.  I have been using turkey grit to surround some things to
see if it will keep them away.  They don't like to dig through sharp things.
 It seems the raised beds of the irises are like heaven to them.

Ginny