Introducing myself

Hi, I just signed up Feb.13, 97 and have been reading with great envy
about those of you who are able to start gardening in a month or month
and a half.  I am from Sherwood Park Alberta (Canada) and my early
spring irises don't bloom until the end of May.  Main iris season is the
end of June to the first week or two of July.  Siberian and bearded
irises do very well here - I planted some spurias and aril-breds last
fall and am curious to see how well they do.  As we often have a killing
frost in August or September - I have never even thought of trying
recurrent bloomers.
Last year we had a particulary nasty winter (the temperatures hovered
around -30C for quite a while, followed by an early melt in January,
followed by an extremely cold and late spring.  I lost half of my irises
to rot. In compensation, I ordered twice as many more irises! This year
seems to be almost a repeat and I have my fingers crossed!
Anyways, looking forward to the list.

Gianna Einarson - zone 3a(-12C, lightly snowing and 2 to 3 feet of snow
on the ground)