RE: Safety in the garden--Cats

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: Safety in the garden--Cats
  • From: "Leon Adams Jr" <Leon_Adams_Jr@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 13:09:48 -0700 (MST)

Patricia Roberson writes:
>I seriously considered building a house on the ranch so the cats could go
>outside, but my husband's health did not seem to warrant it.
....................... >II wish they could be free and healthy and live
long, happy lives -- but I'll settle >for two out of three! They are not
depressed and eat well, and we give each >other love and attention every day!

Pat,
You are absolutely right! It really does not matter what environment we are
each given to live in; if there is much love we will be happy. Each must
decide which cat environment works best for them. There is no right or wrong
here, just individual choice.

It is a balmy morning here today, a early reminder of what spring can be. I
was out cutting up the slugs and just plain enjoying my garden. I have three
Iris that seem to have not made it through the winter. No new growth yet and
the old leaves have rotted at the crown. One of them was one of my rebloomers
called Clarence. Is this the one named after C.M.? It was new last year so I
have never seen it in bloom. Guess I will have to buy another one.

Ohhhh...... I just love this time of year!!! everything starting to grow, each
day a new delight to see! My Daphne is starting to bloom, the crocus are
popping up and the snow drops are in full bloom.

Jefrie Jenkins
Kent, WA
Sunset zone 5 - USDA zone 7
AIS region 13