Browsers and Web Pages

It would seem to me that anyone who was trying to get to the largest
audience would try to find the largest common denominator within their
publishing platform consistent with displaying the information they deem
necessary. Regardless of what software is free or not, and the most
complete and up to date ones are often not free, you want to get to the
most people. If a publisher chooses to use features that are not
generally standard, they lose market share or audience size. That is ok,
their decision, but don't expect me to standby and get lectured on
upgrading my software. Got to remember who the customer is.
---