Re: Japonica and the Little Bulbous Irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Japonica and the Little Bulbous Irises
  • From: Z88KEYS@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 18:24:53 -0700 (MST)

Japonica was what we called it in Canada, too/ Another lovely thing which the
experts have twice changed the name. I believe japonica is no longer part of
the name.  Alas, I have not early iris planted, and have to wait for the
pumilas, - which do poorly here,  and then the SDBs. The first iris
catalogues are appearing!    Lloyd  We have a meeting next Saturday of ETIS.
I know they will not change the dates, but I fear there will be very little
left here by May 10.  So, I can perhaps enjoy my hybridizing all the more in
peace, and hope the visitors do not knock off too many pods.  Durham NC