Re: 4 O'Clocks and Hollyhocks of Puce

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: 4 O'Clocks and Hollyhocks of Puce
  • From: CEMahan@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 23:33:28 -0700 (MST)

<< CLarence, those four o'clocks may have come from Peru, but did you know we

 have a wild one in the western US?  It grows well here, and makes quite a
 mound in late summer, covered with (puce? no, but close) magenta flowers. >>

Oh, Iris Mavan! Now you've done it. I had heard of the native four o'clock
but never seen it or realized its color. Now......

I thought that I would never see
A four o'clock of color puce
But now I'm happy as can be........

No, no! I won't do it.  A "four o'clock puce" rhyme would surely result in a
great uprising to evict me from the list.  I think I'm already in serious
trouble.  Did you notice that four o'clock and hollyhock rhyme?  What a shame
that "iris" rhymes with "virus."  Clarence Mahan in VA