Re: Rebloomers and Rot (Was IMMORTALITY)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Rebloomers and Rot (Was IMMORTALITY)
  • From: LMann76543@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 04:02:24 -0700 (MST)

Dorothy Fingerhood wrote
>><< I think the lesson is:  Choose rebloomers with great care if you garden
>in
>> cold areas, and keep an eye out for those late bloom stalks that ARE going
>> get frozen.  And when they do,  be sure to take some preventative action,
>or
>> you may well have just a little mush come springtime. >>

This is really disappointing to hear.  All the discussion on the list about
cold weather re-bloomers up till now has included enthusiasm for how they are
not at all rot-prone and are much more care-free than many of the once
bloomers.  I assume late spring freezes, which kill or severely damage (rot
invitation!) early bloomers would do the same.  Does this mean that some of
these are not what would be considered cold season re-bloomers?  Phooey.

Are there reblooming diploids?  miniature tall bearded?