     Shelly M., welcome to the Iris-L.  I think that you will enjoy it.   I
have been interested in flowers since I was very young.  It will be
interesting to hear about how your Irises do in Colorado.  Although
Kentucky is not considered as being Spuria country, I have a few of them.
Can you name some that are especially strong growers.

Mark A. Cook

Lexington, KY USA
Zone 6 officially, but should be zone 5.