Re: Iris Beds

        All this talk of manure and fertilizer reminded me of something I
will share.
For what it's worth:
        Three years ago my grandson planted  my new iris.  He was living
with me and had his gerbil.
        When he cleaned the cage, he emptied  it and an extra bag of sawdust
on the iris bed.  I didn't know what that would do.  My irises were not
planted till middle December, and grew and flowered in March, which is our
usual blooming season.
                                Norma

     QQQ
    $*-*$
      *
 norma@redrock.net
 St George, Utah
 Zone 7/8  depends on what day it is.

"Language is a cracked kettle on which we bang out tunes to make
the bears dance, when what we long for is to move the stars to pity."
                                        Gustave Flaubert