Re: Fruits de Mare, et tetnus

I bring in horse manure by the truckload, it is mixed with the
bedding material, deteriorated straw. Concerning tetnus, we should all be
up on our tetnus shots, not just those of us who use manure. But there is
a lot more than tetnus that we should be concerned about in using manure
from a farm. I think one should be careful about letting it come in
contact with open wounds, or by inhalation. Inhalation may sound funny,
but when you are pushing it off the truck in August, you are surrounded
by it in the atmosphere. I have never fully understood why the excreta of
dogs and cats is more pathogenic than of horses?  I have so many animals
now, I feel like all I do is haul it out and haul it in. Judy Sylvester  zone 5
jlsylves.indiana.edu