Bloom Season

Well Saturday Feb 15th marks the beginning of my 1997 bloom season.
CRIMSON KING blossomed forth in all its gentle glory.

The log of the chat conversations from Fri 14th is available. If you
would like a copy please Email me privately. It is a little big to post
to the list.

I am also a little behind on my birthday wishes, please accept my

On 16 Feb  in -

374 - ninth recorded perihelion passage of Halley's Comet.
600 - Pope Gregory the Great issued a papal decree declaring that "God
Bless You" is the proper response to a sneeze.

1804 - Lt. Stephen Decatur led a successful raid into Tripoli Harbor to
burn the U.S. Navy frigate Philadelphia, which had fallen into the hands
of pirates. Source of the phrase "to the shores of Tripoli" in the
Marine Corps Hymn.

and at the top of the charts in:
1958 - Sugartime - The McGuire Sisters

Born on Feb 5th (Jim Wilson's birthday)

Jean-Marie-Constant Duhamel -  French mathematician and physicist who
proposed a theory dealing with the transmission of heat  in crystal
structures based on the work of the French mathematicians
Jean-Baptiste-Joseph Fourier  and Simion-Denis Poisson.

Born on Feb 12th (Donald Mosser's birthday)
Charles (Robert) Darwin  -  English naturalist, renowned for his
documentation of evolution and for a theory of its operation,  known as
Darwinism. His evolutionary theories, propounded chiefly in two
works--On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection .

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.