Re: Mabel Coday and Scent

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Mabel Coday and Scent
  • From: CEMahan@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 20:58:33 -0700 (MST)

In a message dated 97-02-16 20:01:20 EST, Jim Wilson, located in Oxford,
Ohio, home of the beautiful campus of Miami University of Ohio, wrote

<< I've never noticed a strong fragrance from a Siberian, but Mabel Coday
 has been claimed to have a light scent.   >>

Mabel Coday is a very lovely Siberian iris with many virtues, and based on
the advertised sweet fragrance I have wasted a lot of time sniffing its
flowers repeatedly at all times of the day and evening.  I have sniffed in my
garden, in Carol Warner's garden, in every garden where I have found
it....and  I have never detected any fragrance whatsoever.  I think when the
person detecting fragrance was sniffing he/she was wearing too much Chanel
for Men or Chanel Nr. 5.  Clarence Mahan in VA   aka CEMahan@aol.com