Re: Rebloomers - Diploids and MTB's

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Rebloomers - Diploids and MTB's
  • From: CEMahan@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 21:14:30 -0700 (MST)

<< I also grow Puppy Love an MTB (Hager 80) which reblooms here in zone 6 >>

I used to grow PUPPY LOVE too, even though it is a bit out of class.  It is a
tetraploid, and will, from time to time I am told send up a rebloom stalk.
 But it is by no means dependable in this respect, and flower size is out of
class.  I still know  no introduced MTB, one that comforms  to class, that is
a dependable cold climate remontant iris.  PUPPY LOVE is cute, but doesn't
meet the specs laid down.  Clarence Mahan in northern Virginia