Re: Bifocals and little bugs 'n stuff

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Bifocals and little bugs 'n stuff
  • From: LMann76543@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 03:26:13 -0700 (MST)

Julie Allen
>I got tired of craning my neck at the computer.  I had my optometrist make a
>pair of glasses just for reading, with my bifocal prescription.

For those of us with old eyes who don't need presciption glasses, Walmart
(and others) have inexpensive bifocals and glasses with the whole lens that
magnifies.  Like Julie, I keep two pairs both at work and at home.  I find
the bifocals impossible to use with handtools as well.  And with two pair of
glasses handy, you have an instant dissecting scope!  Good for looking at
papillae on shiny iris flowers? and little insects.  With three pair, maybe I
could see nematodes...Probably not up to counting chromosomes, however.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA