Re: Moores introductions - was Re: Graham's Request

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Moores introductions - was Re: Graham's Request
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 07:23:20 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997 LMann76543@aol.com wrote:

> Walter Moores posted the list of his introductions.  Walter - which of these
> are from Texas and which from Mississippi?  Didn't you say the Texas ones rot
> for you in Mississippi?  Here I go again, asking the parent to criticize his
> own children.
>
> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA

	The following I no longer have.  They didn't necessarily rot; some
just failed to increase.

	ODE TO KALIFA	MISS SCARLETT	TOP STITCH	SOFT HALO

	RUDI		SCRIMSHAW	RANCHIPUR	YELLOW REPRISE

	FRENCH PROVENCAL		DRIFTING CONFETTI

	(If some on you grow these, I would like to try them again in
my new location.  E-mail me privately and we can make a swap).

	The following were hybridized in MS.

	VIOLET REPRISE	GRAPE REPRISE	LEMON CHESS	ASCII ART

	CONFEDERATE ROYALTY	SCORPIO STAR

	As you can see, I have been less productive in MS than in TX. 	It
seems it is more difficult to get germination in MS.

	I have a few more waiting in the wings, one of which is probably
my best rebloomer.  It is out of (brace yourself) BEST BET X HAWAIIAN
SURF! 	Luckily, it has none of the problems of BB, at least in MS and in
Dallas, where it is being guested by Hooker Nichols.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS