off-topic Bifocals

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: off-topic Bifocals
  • From: norma@redrock.net (Norma Hensen)
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 08:31:41 -0700 (MST)

Linda, and anyone else that is using nonprescription glasses,
        Oh no! Not another off-topic post!  Sorry, but this is important.
        The following information was given to me several years ago.  The
only qualification I would give it is that they have made great strides in
medicine and they may have come up with new findings.
	My father prescribed glasses for me when I was seven years old.  I wore
them sometimes, when he insisted.  My eyes were very bad, but because of the
condition that existed they improved by themselves.  Like all parts of our
body, the eyes grow and change over the years. When I got my trifocals in
1978 I began to wear my glasses consistently.  The following information is
what he told me at that time:
	"As our eyes become older the cornea hardens and our eyes become dependent
on whatever aides we use to improve our sight.  After a certain age  there
is little or no chance for improvement in sight.  For this reason glasses
should never be worn unless prescribed by a licensed optician or optometrist."
	Take it for what it's worth.
			 Have a happy day.
				   Norma

     QQQ
    $*-*$
      *
 norma@redrock.net
 St George, Utah
 Zone 7/8  depends on what day it is.

"Language is a cracked kettle on which we bang out tunes to make
the bears dance, when what we long for is to move the stars to pity."
                                        Gustave Flaubert