Re: irids: crocus

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Michael Cook wrote:

>      A few minutes ago, I found the first bloom of the season.  A purple
> snow Crocus is blooming today.  I thought that this may have an interest to
> you since Crocuses are Irids.  It sure is good to see something bloom.
> Mark A. Cook
> macook@iglou.com
> Lexington, KY  USA
	Crocus have been blooming here for about two weeks.  Then,
yesterday, from out of nowhere came about a dozen reticulatas.  Daffs are
showing color.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS where it was 72o today.  I spent all day outside--
fertilizing irises, pruning roses, and cranking up engines for the mowing
season ahead.  Even went to the woods and dug up two dogwoods and a maple.
Hope they will like their new home in the back yard.