Wierd Increases

Ok, This is a novice question.

I have two iris that this year both exhibit the characteristic of
producing a large number of small(er) increases very closely bunched at
the end of the mother rhizome. So many in fact that the thing reminds me
of a squid and its tentacles. The two cvs are Heady Perfume (Weiler 91)
and Bridal Fashion (Weiler 86). Noting that they were both by the same
hybridizer, I looked up the parentage. They both have Thick and Creamy
in the first level. I didn't find any other common ancestors, but I
don't have the data to go very far back.

So, would it be proper to infer that Thick and Creamy could be the
source of a characteristic like that, and does anybody know if T&C does
the same thing? Or is this whole thing just a wierd occurance in my
garden?

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.