Re: Introducing myself

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Introducing myself
  • From: Cliff Snyder <snyder@eden.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 18:34:50 -0700 (MST)

Amy Rupp wrote:
> > Cliff Snyder          Austin, Tx      Zone 8
> > Rainbow Iris Farm
> Wow, an IRIS FARM IN AUSTIN?  What kinds of iris do you grow?
> --
> Amy Moseley Rupp
> amyr@austx.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b
> *or* amyr@mpd.tandem.com
> Jill O. *Trades, Mistress O. {}

Don't get too excited. I've been growing iris for many years for my
personal enjoyment, but commercially only two years.  My wife's
grandparents have been farming 104 acres for over 45 years just south of
Schwertner and they have kindly allowed me to take over their vegetable
garden and livestock pens.  The soil is exceptional! We have seventy
varieties, almost exclusively TB's.  Give me a call at 349-2129
(computer) or  338-1618 in the evenings.  I would love to do some
exchanging (even if it's not the "commercial" thing to do, I grow them
more for fun than for the pocketbook).

Cliff Snyder		Austin, Tx	Zone 8  67f today & beautiful!