Re: Safety in the garden--Cats

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Safety in the garden--Cats
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 21:21:27 -0700 (MST)

I love having an indoor outdoor cat but due to losses to cars, trucks,
Rottweillers and coyotes gave up and moved my last boy (out of 14
kittens born in the barn that year) in the house full time.  He is much
too precious to risk outside and is not suitably tempermented to come
back when we are through playing and ready to go in the house.  My last
in/outdoor cat "Puzzle" who lived to the ripe old age of 21 used to walk
the beds with me every day "talking" to me about all the iris.  I think
if I could find a good barn cat I could down quite a bit on my rabbit
population.
--
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
17.76"