Re: Mini Dragon

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Mini Dragon
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 22:15:01 -0700 (MST)

I was also impressed by the photo of Marky Smith's new sdb, Mini Dragon,
the ais bulletin.  It looks quite black with a bright orange beard.  Has
anyone seen it in life?  Does anyone know its parentage?

<Marky Smith has been introducing some of the very best sdb's in the
past few
years.  She definitely has an eye for the distinctive and eye-catching.
 Starbaby and Gemstar have been outstanding in our garden, and we're
to seeing Hottentot and Firestorm this year.>

	I know it has been several days since this posting but horror of horror
my computer has been torn down and stored in the hobby room while carpet
was laid and some minor remodeling was started.  At this rate we should
be through by Labor Day.
	Anyway, I too love the things that Marky Smith is doing but thought it
worth a mention that Starbaby and Gemstar rotted out after bloom season
(I plan to replace both) and Hottentot and Firestorm both did great.
All are planted close to each other, recieved the same care, water,
fertilizer, Round-up, etc.
	I am definetly going to order Mini-Dragon whe I reorder Starbaby and
Gemstar as well as take a look at other things by Marky.  I can't wait
for the catalogs to start coming in.  All I have received so far is Dave
Noswongers.  I think I will order some spurias to pass the time while I
wait on the others.(-;
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
of rain a year.  Our average wind speed is 12.5 mph and we have an