Re: Mabel Coday and Scent

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Mabel Coday and Scent
  • From: CEMahan@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 05:31:09 -0700 (MST)

<< This repeated exerience leads me to suggest that when it comes to
 fragrance, "NO Absolutes, please."
 Carol Townsend, Denver, ctownsen@jeffco.k12.co.us
I think that if you reread my message you will not find absolutes---just a
personal experience and opinion.  I most certainly would never pronounce an
absolute when it comes to fragrance (or almost anything else when it comes to
irises---but I could not agree with the statement "NO Absolutes" because that
is an absolute.)  :) Touche.

But if any fragrance really could be detected in any Siberian iris that would
be very significant, and MABEL CODAY was advertised as having it---I have a
very sensitive sniffer (and a large nose) and keep trying to detect it.  Some
of the most knowledgeable Siberian experts have told me they have never been
able to detect it in MABEL CODAY either.  One reason I think this is
important is that some people spend their money in expectation of
fragrance---and then get disappointed.  And that really isn't right.
 Clarence Mahan in VA