east vs west (was Re: MARTHA STEWART VISITED ....

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: east vs west (was Re: MARTHA STEWART VISITED ....
  • From: LMann76543@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 05:42:00 -0700 (MST)

>	Zones, moisture, pH of soil and water, altitude, mineral content
>	of soil, length of growing season, whether one uses chemicals
>	to garden, etc. Factor these into the mix and then we can talk
>	western vs. eastern.
> 	Not only do I think it is fallacious, it is divisive.	Ellen [G. in the
arctic east]

Like nearly all generalizations, this is true.  But it stimulates discussion
which can be informative and helpful.  I, for one, have learned a lot from
the 'east vs west' discussions we have had this year (including learning to
be very careful how I phrase things if I don't want my face ripped off) - and
we are going to have new people joining the list (like Mark in Kentucky) who
have heard the east vs west story.  B'sides, it isn't any more divisive than
discussing iris health - culture vs genetics.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA