I cleaned my clumps again this past weekend, to remove any dead leaves,
and check for rot.  Everything seemed fine on most clumps, though the
fans seemed a bit small but maybe I'm just impatient ;-)

I found three rotted cultivars:  FANCY TALES, LIGHTNING STREAK (treated
back in late December with sulfur dusting, rot continued) and one poor
little tiny rhizome with no name.

I have treated them all with Comet and will replant in mostly sand to
see if that helps.

One question:  by poking around on my rhizomes to check for softness, my
fingernails may have scratched them a bit.  Is this like an insect
wound?  Do you all just not touch the rhizome, wear gloves, or cut your
fingernails real short?

Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@austx.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b
*or* amyr@mpd.tandem.com